For the golf fanatics there is a top notch 18-hole golf resort just outside of Lecce, on one hour drive from Torre Pali, called Acaya Golf Club. The resort is embedded in the rich Mediterranean vegetation in the heart of Salento.
The18-hole course (Par 71) has been reorganized at a technical and agronomic level and reshaped with works started in 2007 by the prestigious American architectural studio Hurdzan-Fry.
The environmentally friendly approach, for which the studio Hurdzan-Fry is famous worldwide, is aimed mainly at making this area accessible to all and to make it environmentally sustainable. This was necessary due to the closeness to a natural oasis of approx. 380 acres, a place of natural beauty and refuge for many species of waterfowl. This course is suitable for all levels of play, professional or amateur, for men, women and Juniors.
- Altitude: m 20 above sea-level
- Course type: 18-hole, par 72, CR 71 SR 128
- Features: Driving Range, Putting Green, Pitching Green and Chipping green, Caddy Master, Golf Cart, Pull Carts, Bunker, Club House, Pool, Fitness Center, Golf Hotel 5 Stelle.
- Services: Club House, lounge bar, restaurant, swimming pool, pro-shop, Spa, fitness club, kid’s space
- Closing day: Monday during Winter time – Always open from 01.06 to 30.09.
- Season: Open all year
For more info: http://www.acayagolfresort.com
For a quick easy going game of golf you can visit the 4-hole (par 14) golf course of the Gallipoli Golf Club in Casarano, located on a 15 minute drive from Torre Pali.